1. Mentors must hold a Professional Clear California Credential which is a match to that of the Credential Candidate.
2. Mentors must have three or more years of effective teaching experience.
3. Mentors must have knowledge of the context and content of the Credential Candidate's teaching assignment.
4. Mentors must demonstrate commitment to professional learning and collaboration.
5. Mentors must have the ability, willingness, and flexibility to meet the Credential Candidate's needs for support.
6. Mentors must have the availability to attend seven seminars or Mentor training sessions held throughout the year from 4:00 PM - 7:00 PM.
7. Mentors must possess basic computer skills (e.g. Google Docs, word processing, web navigation, e-mail, and file downloads).
8. Mentors must have access to a personal or district computer and internet connection to complete online assignments.