(AR) is a live direct or indirect view of a physical, real-world environment whose elements are augmented (or supplemented) by computer-generated sensory input such as sound, video, graphics or GPS data.
What is Aurasma?
Aurasma is the world's leading augmented reality platform. Aurasma uses advanced image and pattern recognition to blend the real-world with rich interactive content such as videos and animations called “Auras”.
Available as a free app for iPhones, iPads and high-powered Android devices, Online version for creation
~ Easy to create interactive content
~App and Online Version
~People without a iPhone, iPad, Smart Phone or Tablet can't use the app.
in the School and classroom
1. Poster welcoming visitors and introduce the school.
2. Animate mathematical problems being solved.
3. Explain how to use school equipment
(useful in my technology or science classrooms)
4. Bring famous people from history to life with students acting out their most famous moments or words.
5. Explain famous paintings on demand
6. Introduce apps with demos of students using them.
7. Create a scavenger hunt
To launch the Auras:
1. Open the Aurasma app on your phone or tablet and log in using the same username and password as your Aurasma Studio account.
2. Go to the "Auras" tab within the "Explore" section and drag the page downward to refresh the Auras.
2. Select the app's viewfinder and point your device at the Trigger image below to preview your Aura.