-Paper and tape
or large post-it notes
- Come up with a list of positive adjectives with students.
- Divide the group in two circles: inner and outer. Both circles face inwards.
- Tape a piece of paper to the back of each kid in the inner circle. Give each kid in the outer circle a marker.
- Start the music and have the outer circle walk.
- When the music stops, outer circle students think of a compliment specific to the inner circle student in front of them and write it on the paper taped to the student's back.
- Start and stop the music until all kids have matched up.
-The two circles switch.
- Afterward, students can read what classmates have written and reflect (in a journal or orally) about the experience.
- Consider coupling this with other kindness/anti-bullying activities and having the entire school participate.
Encourages students to be creative in descriptions, to think positively about their peers, and to reflect on their experience