Commissioner Jones approves first insurance product (Metromile) for UberX drivers, providing coverage during Period 1
Commissioner Jones approves Farmers insurance product for UberX, Lyft and Sidecar drivers.
- Personal auto insurance policies will not cover TNC activities after July 1, 2015.
- In period one, the driver or the TNC must maintain minimum primary liability insurance:
- $50,000 for injury to one person
- $100,000 for injury to multiple persons
- $30,000 property damage
- TNCs must maintain $200,000 in excess insurance on top of the primary coverage for period one.
- Periods two and three - TNCs must maintain $1 million in primary liability insurance.