DEFINE: SUCCESSFUL PRODUCT
KEY FACTORS TO MAKE YOUR EBOOK A SUCCESS:
DESIGN A GREAT BOOK COVER
BUILD RELATIONSHIP WITH BLOGGERS & READERS
Provide an emotional & exciting reading experience to entice readers to want more.
Covers are the first thing readers notice so make the first impression count.
The more reviews you get, the more visible you are to potential readers.
Write a great book & build rapport with fans who enjoy sharing their likes.
Build relationships online & offline to
create opportunities for more visibility.
5. Flawless formatting
6. Create intriguing book description & blurb
7. Professional editing
8. Select categories, subcategories, & tags with care in book setup
9. Give book list & summaries & add clickable links in your ebook backmatter & signature line
JOIN WRITING COMMUNITIES TO GAIN SUPPORT: Wattpad, Readwave, Figment, Writerscafe.org, Fictionaut
1. Upload a short story to create interest in your book.
Connect & engage.
IDENTIFY & FOLLOW YOUR TARGET READERS:
1. Who they are & where they gather online/offline
2. What matters to them & how relevant it relates to
PERMISSION MARKETING WITH EMAIL MAILING LIST:
1. Announce new book or short story release in
local, then global markets. Provide clickable links.
2. Give discount to fans on list in exchange for reviews.
Prepare several months to a year in advance for book launch. This is dependent on how strong you are at engaging with your fans & bloggers.
-Blog only if you can be authentic. Or if you have an intriguing concept to brand yourself.
-Or participate in a group blog, make guest contribution of book reviews or guest post on blog. Go where the readers are to build your name.
-Or get a landing page for readers to learn about you & what you write. Strikingly.com offers simple & beautiful web design with basic setup and no blog.
-Retailer/book community reviewers
BUILD DATABASE PROFILING:
-Google blog search
-Futurebook blog listing
HOW TO FIND BLOGGERS/REVIEWERS IN YOUR GENRE:
USE RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT TO SELL YOU - NOT YOUR BOOK:
Visit top blogs, online forums, listservs, & book groups that are your target market & make comments to become more visible in search engines. Think local, then global.
GIVEAWAYS/REVIEWS TO BOOK COMMUNITY:
1. Give free copies for reviews in your genre: Goodreads,
Librarything, Indie Reader, Digital Book Today, Shelfari,
2. Expand to global book market: LovelyBooks in Germany.
MONITOR SALES RANKING AFTER EACH PROMOTION:
1. Good Categories/tags in book setup on distribution sites
help reader discoverability.
2. Monitor results & modify categories if they are not stellar.
Monitor and track which strategies work and those that don't. Then adapt & try again.
Start your next book!
Wait until you have written at least 3 books before you take the plunge and spend promotional energy & dollars.
1. Make your novella free & charge for
2. Write 3 books & offer first one free
permanently or on a limited basis.
FREE: IS IT STILL EFFECTIVE?
Set up tracking forms to monitor which promotional strategies work.
-sales by distributors by markets
-Use unpaid promotions: Kindle Books & Tips, KornerKonnection
-Use paid promotions: Bookbub, Pixel of ink, Facebook, EbookBargainsUK
Check http://www.rachelleayala.com/p/promo-sites.html for excellent resources on promotional sites
CONNECTING TO YOUR TARGET MARKET:
Give excerpts of your story with 140 characters or tell story by using visual imagery
Many growing choices to use to promote:
Check Alexa ranking to make most impact
Direct your messaging to your target readers by:
2. Precise interest
3. What target values